Job Opportunity: Healy Financial Practice ManagerSubmitted by Healy Financial on June 24th, 2021
Job Title: Financial Services Administrative Associate/Practice Manager
Division/Department: Healy Financial
Location: South Bend, IN/Partial Remote after 90 days
Reports To: Team Leader
Revision Date: 06/10/2021
Partner with a financial professional to manage all aspects of a practice except for sales. This includes, but is not limited to: scheduling meetings, preparing for client meetings, processing and servicing new and existing business, client relationship management, compliance needs, and other practice specific duties. The practice manager (PM) and financial professional work closely together to develop a practice as the financial professional envisions. A practice manager must have the ability to accomplish any task related to running a practice.
The PM is the hub (traffic director) of a practice. They must have the ability to work independently and leverage the resources of internal support teams, Securian Financial Services, Inc. (the Broker Dealer), and Shoemaker Financial to accomplish practice goals and to facilitate business transactions. Internal support teams include the Advisor Services Team, Business Processing Team, the Trading Team, and Financial Planning Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Product Submission and Account Service (some duties require passing securities and insurance examinations to become licensed and registered)
- Prepare applications by gathering information from the client and/or financial professional and subsequently pre-filling the application as much as possible for the client’s review and signatures
- Make sure all paperwork is signed and completed via mail, e-mail or meeting
- Submit completed applications to the back office for annuity, investment, life and disability insurance products
- Follow up with financial professional for necessary information and provide status updates during processing period
- Communicate with our back office during the processing period
- Follow all procedures related to submitting new business
- Confer with clients by telephone or in person to provide information about products and services, to take orders or close accounts, or to obtain details of complaints
- Examine communication from clients and agents, original securities applications, and other company documents to determine if changes are needed and the implications of these changes
- Confer with financial professional and complete needed changes
- Research and resolve service issues with clients and the investment or insurance company
Trading (Requires passing life insurance and securities examinations)
- Complete securities trades for brokerage, direct mutual fund and variable life products and complete transaction log as required (once licensed).
- Enter client data, manage connections and manage vault usage for initial Financial Planning meetings.
- Communicate directly with clients re: Financial Planning program technical support – e.g. website invitations, login information, password assistance, website navigation, etc.
- Print electronically the last follow-up letter and meeting notes for the client file
- Reference the last follow-up letter and meeting notes to prepare for the client meeting
- Input investment and insurance information into appropriate software
- Update and make changes on general client information as necessary (address, contact preferences, additional children, etc.)
- Prepare investment and insurance paperwork, including compliance forms, needed for an advisor’s appointments with the client
- Meet with advisor after client meetings, document follow-up tasks, communicate with client, and complete follow-up tasks
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve clients’ service issues
- Daily process incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail
- Daily scan and file paperwork
- Run illustrations for life insurance products
- Follow organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, contract and insurance laws, and securities compliance regulations
- Field client phone calls and direct to the appropriate person
- Create and/or update procedures as necessary
- Use client database for running reports, creating form letters, tracking tasks, etc.
- Use HF Workflow to document and manage current tasks and follow ups.
- Manage the task list and tickle file
- Participate in weekly and daily team meetings
- Provide back-up for other Administrative Associates/Practice Managers
Responsible for the following, many of which are completed by support teams:
- Order supplies from the Home Office.
- Maintain financial professional’s calendar by scheduling/rescheduling client appointments, blocking off calendar availability, managing scheduling software, and confirming client appointments on a weekly basis.
- Organize and execute mass mailings (e.g. Christmas correspondence).
- Prepare and mail client gifts/cards for financial professional, and maintain client gift documentation.
- Download mutual fund and variable annuity statements on a quarterly basis to comply with file retention regulations.
- Create electronic files and scan/file all client provided documents.
- Create physical files for new clients.
- Input general client information and investment and insurance information into appropriate software.
- Respond to client inquiries and address client needs in a timely, friendly, and professional manner
- Update and make changes on general client information as necessary (address, contact preferences, additional children, etc.).
- Run and/or create various policy and account maintenance reports and compliance reports, discuss with financial professional, and complete follow up items.
- Complete all training required for the position and required continuing education (CE) hours
- Perform all other duties as assigned or that arise
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Education: Bachelor's degree required; Business or a related field preferred.
Experience: 2 years related experience and/or training.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations and Appointments
Current Indiana Life and Health Insurance License: Required
Current General Securities License: Required
Series 63 or 65 License: Required
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents including financial reports, legal documents, and technical documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers, employees, regulatory agencies, or businesses. Ability to write effective, professional correspondence with impeccable spelling and grammar. Ability to effectively communicate information and make effective and persuasive presentations on complex or controversial topics to clients, colleagues, management, regulatory agencies, or high-level officials.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra (i.e., solve for “x”), geometry, probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of practical problems.
Must be proficient with office equipment including phone, fax, copier, scanner and computer.
High level of computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), web-based applications, experience using databases, and experience using customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
Ability to understand and demonstrate the elements of the Healy Spirit: Make It A Great Day, Do the Right Thing, Be Better, Love Wins.
Safety and Security
Be knowledgeable about and follow safety and security policies and procedures, including building, personal, and information security.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
Use hands to finger, handle or feel frequently
Use computer mouse and keyboard frequently
Reach with hands and arms occasionally
Talk or hear regularly
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to lift weight or exert force:
Up to 10 pounds occasionally
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must meet the following vision requirements:
close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
The position occasionally requires the following: Local Travel, Long Distance Travel, and Overnight Travel (i.e., for conferences, seminars, trips to home office / back office).
The noise typical for the work environment is moderate (examples: business office with computers and printers).
Must pass background check
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Strong attention to detail and ability to self-check work
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Self-starter, task-oriented and able to prioritize work
Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
Innovative with excellent problem-solving skills
Professional demeanor and sensitive to client needs
Flexible and adaptable to new or changing circumstances
Enthusiastic attitude and cooperative, effective team player
High ethical standards
Current valid driver's license
Current auto insurance
Prior office experience strongly preferred
2 years financial service experience preferred
Committee Involvement (VOICE, MTF, Social)
Obtain Industry Designations and/or additional securities licenses
Stay current with best practices training and opportunities for improvement
Securities and Investment Advisory services offered through Securian Financial Services Inc. member FINRA/SIPC. Healy Financial is independently owned and operated. 17535 Generations Drive, South Bend, IN 46635 3633719 # DOFU 6.2021